[equinox-dev] Launcher for Equinox

Hi,

I am sorry if this is not the right place for this post, but I would appreciate the opinion and answers from people who know more about Equinox and different ways to launch it. What is it the most common way to launch Equinox without using Eclipse?

I have the next problem, I would like to have system bundles which are installed from the beggining, one of this bundles has the InstallerBundle role, so it is used in order to install another bundles by programming. Since I would like to achieve a fast deployment I start to use Pax Runner but I had to change this launcher because the persistence did not work fine here. I mean, if I installed a bundle in run time by using Pax Runner context  I have not found way to achieve persistence in the bundles which were installed in run time. The bundles’ states were not kept once I restarted Pax Runner.

On the other hand, I have tried by using config.ini file as it is said in [1]. But the problem here is that if I launch the command [2]  to load config.ini from CONFIG_INI_FOLDER the first time Equinox installs and starts the written bundles in config.ini in a right way. But if I want to launch Equinox by keeping the bundles’ state in the second launching by removing –configuration CONFIG_INI_FOLDER I just get the framework Equinox bundle installed instead of the other bundles from config.ini file.

How can I install a set of bundles automatically and then launch Equinox framework in order to keep the bundles’ states for the next running?

I would like on the one hand to have a simple and fast way to install and start a set of system bundles without to install one to one each bundle. On the other hand I would like to use this installation context to launch Equinox in normal way, I mean, where I could use the different capabilities that OSGi specification provides, keeping the bundles’s state, keeping as installed bundles those bundles which were installed programmatically, and so on.

How do you achieve this?

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/documents/quickstart.php

[2] java –jar org.eclipse.osgi_3.5.jar –console –configuration CONFIG_INI_FOLDER

Any idea will appreciated.

Thank you in advance

David

Back to the top