Re: [equinox-dev] Embedding Equinox Example

Probably the easiest way is to download the Eclipse SDK if you don't
have it already.

In the menu go to File -> New -> Project.
Select Plug-in Project and click next.
Name it something like com.yourdomain.test (or whatever) and click next
Make sure "This plug-in will make contributions to the UI" is unchecked.
Make sure you click the "Yes" radio button next to "Would you like to
create a rich client application"
Click Next
Select the "Headless Hello RCP" template and click Finish.

This will create two classes:
Application and Activator.  There is plenty of documentation on what
you can do with the Activator so I won't go into it.  Open up the
Application class and treat the start method as you would a main
method in a traditional Java program.  For example you can set up your
JFrame here or whatever you want.

Next take a look at your MANIFEST.MF file.  Eclipse provides a nice UI
to edit this or you can go straight to the MANIFEST.MF tab and hand
edit it.

Lastly go to the Overview tab of the MANIFEST.MF file and look for the
section entitled "Testing".  There are hyperlinks to run or debug your
program.

That's it.  The platform takes care of initializing osgi and loading
bundles for you and you are now free to add your own bundles.

Phil