De: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
En nombre de tom.hsu@xxxxxxxxxx
Enviado el: viernes, 30 de octubre de 2009 1:31
Para: Equinox development mailing list
Asunto: Re: [equinox-dev] Enabling security in Equinox

Hi all,

I now realized that I need to provide system permissions for the
Conditional Permission Admin service in order to secure behaviors of
some installed bundles. Please confirm my understanding:
1. The example showed in the PDF seem to suggest achieving this using
privileged bundle to assign restricted permission objects for the new
bundles.
2. #1 approach needs to be done programmatcally?
3. Is there a way to achieve the restriction of bundles coming from
known location <A> to have a limited set of permissions with a
configuration file like custo_java.policy?

Regards,
Tom

On 10/28/2009 3:10 PM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
> Hello Tom,
>
> On Oct 28, 2009, at 22:46 , Tom Hsu wrote:
>
>> I have an usecase in which we'd like to secure the behavior of some
>> particular bundles at runtime. We have an OSGi equinox application
>> that will install custom bundles during runtime and execute code from
>> those custom bundles. We'd like to restrict the execution of those
>> code to specified work directories for security reasons.
>>
>> I have searched for a morning about a quickstart guide to enable
>> java.policy style permissions for installed bundles by the OSGi
>> equinox fwk. But I have not found any easy documentation besides osgi
>> specifications on Admin permission and conditional admin services.
>> Can someone point me to some documentation?
>>
>> In short, I want to restrict runtime-installed bundles to have
>> limited IO privileges. Thanks.
>
> Last year at EclipseCon, Karl Pauls and I did a workshop on secure
> OSGi applications. Amongst other things we discussed how to run both
> Equinox and Felix with security. There are slides in the PDF that
> explain the command line options you need.

http://felix.apache.org/site/presentations.data/Building%20Secure%20OSGi%20A
pplications%20Workshop.pdf