Re: [equinox-dev] Bundle classes context problem

Your bundle (ClassManager) has a class loader managed by OSGi (its Bundle class loader). The bundle class loader can only find classes from packages you either import (with Import-Package or Require-Bundle) or are provided by your own bundle's content or attached fragments.

In order to do what you describe I think you would need to use PackageAdmin to find the ExportedPackages for the class_name you are getting the info for. Then you can use ExprotedPackage.getExportingBundle().loadClass(class_name) to load the class and reflectively find its methods etc.

HTH.

Tom

Inactive hide details for "David Conde" ---09/24/2009 05:12:28 AM---Hi, I have a bundle called ClassManager which get the class"David Conde" ---09/24/2009 05:12:28 AM---Hi, I have a bundle called ClassManager which get the classes which are being installed in the framework and print their names.

"David Conde" <dconde@xxxxxxxx>

09/24/2009 05:12 AM

[equinox-dev] Bundle classes context problem

Hi, I have a bundle called ClassManager which get the classes which are being installed in the framework and print their names.

The problem is that these classes are the name of another services classes which have been registered in Equinox after my bundle ClassManager was installed, so when a new bundle is installed, a method in ClassManager is called which is the next one:

getMethodFromClass (String class_name) {

Class myclass = Class.forName (class_name);
}

Where class_name is the name of my new Service which has just been installed.

The problem is that my bundle throws a ClassNotFoundException because of class_name (which is the name of the Service.class that was registered) is not in the ClassContext for ClassManager, and it is normal, because ClassManager is a system bundle which can not know the name of the classes which will be registered in Equinox.

I though it could be because of security permissions but I have tried launching Equinox without security and I got the same Exception:

The full Exception is shown below:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: es.citic.osgi.system.bundleManager.BundleManager
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:481)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:397)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:385)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:87)
at es.citic.osgi.system.userManager.impl.RoleImpl$1.run(RoleImpl.java:71)
at es.citic.osgi.system.userManager.impl.RoleImpl.<init>(RoleImpl.java:53)
at es.citic.osgi.system.userManager.impl.UserImpl.getRoles(UserImpl.java:461)
at testusermanager.Activator.start(Activator.java:112)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:984)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:355)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1074)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:616)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:299)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.launch(StartLevelManager.java:247)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundle.resume(SystemBundle.java:201)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Framework.java:644)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.launch(OSGi.java:51)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:313)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:175)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.main(EclipseStarter.java:150)

Any idea?

How can I do that each bundle which I install include their class which are exported in a package in the classpath of OSGI so that other bundles can use them?

Thank you in advance