From: "David Conde" <dconde@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 2009/09/04 07:59
Subject: [equinox-dev] Problem with custom local permissions

I have the next scenario:
Bundle Service which has a method called addVALUE as  shown:

public boolean addValue(String key, Object value) {

            SecurityManager security = System.getSecurityManager();
          if (security != null) {
            security.checkPermission(new PlatformConfigurationPermission(
                    PlatformConfigurationPermission.WRITE_VALUE));
          }

}

The problem is that other  bundle  called consumer which has the next permissions.perm file, tries to call this method getting the Security Exception shown below:

#TestPlatformConfiguration Permissions File
(java.io.FilePermission "C:\TestingLog3.log" "write")
(es.citic.osgi.system.platformConfiguration.PlatformConfigurationPermission "PlatformConfigurationPermission" "writeValue")

The Exception which was got is:
Java.security.AccessControlException: Access denied (es.citic.osgi.system.platformConfiguration.PlatoformConfigurationPermission PlatformConfigurationPermission writeValue)

My PlatformConfigurationPermission class extends from Permission.

What am I missing in this implementation?

It looks like as does not recognice what I am writing in the permission.perm file.

Any idea

Thank you in advance

equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx