Re: [equinox-dev] Known Limitation regarding the number of bundles in Equinox

I don't have the performance numbers handy. I know SAP had done a number of benchmarks to measure the effect of installing 10000+ bundles onto Equinox and other frameworks. In Equinox we do not have a set limitation of the number of bundles you can install. We have spent much time ensure that the startup time remains performant when 1000s of bundles are installed. I know of many products that are well above 2500 bundles. Each bundle does have a certain amount of overhead associated with it, but we try to keep it as low as possible.

Tom

Inactive hide details for "David Conde" ---09/02/2009 01:11:14 AM---Hi,"David Conde" ---09/02/2009 01:11:14 AM---Hi,

"David Conde" <dconde@xxxxxxxx>

09/02/2009 01:11 AM

[equinox-dev] Known Limitation regarding the number of bundles in Equinox

Hi,

I would like to know if there is some known limitation regarding the number of bundles that can exist running in OSGI more specifically in Equinox, does it exist load test or something similiar to test the different response or working load when a great quantity of bundles are running in OSGI?

Thank you in advance

equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx