From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas Watson
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:19 PM
To: Equinox development mailing list
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] AdaptorHook executed twice?!

What do you have the configuration property osgi.bundles set to? Does it include org.eclipse.osgi? If so then try removing it from the list. I'm not sure if that is what is causing it. When I tried to include org.eclipse.osgi on the osgi.bundles list I got into a strange endless loop. From your stacks below it looks like the boot strap code is trying to start the system bundle again. The only way I can see that happening is if org.eclipse.osgi is included on the osgi.bundles list.

What version of Equinox are you using? It looks like some version of 3.4. Do you see the same behavior on 3.5?

Tom

Inactive hide details for "Pepping, Florian" ---08/26/2009 03:21:17 AM---Hi,"Pepping, Florian" ---08/26/2009 03:21:17 AM---Hi,

"Pepping, Florian" <florian.pepping@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

08/26/2009 03:21 AM

[equinox-dev] AdaptorHook executed twice?!

Hi,

currently we have the problem, that the frameworkStart-Method of an
adaptor hook is executed twice.
After some debugging, it seems to be related to events beeing published
while starting the framework.

Can anyone give me a hint, how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance

Florian Pepping

Here are the stack-traces of the two executions
(please don't worry about the form of the stacktraces. I have printed
them manually within th source code)

First execution:
com.wincornixdorf.frameworkhook.Frameworkhook frameworkStart 84
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor frameworkStart 259
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator start 55
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2 run 1009
java.security.AccessController doPrivileged -2
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl
startActivator 1003
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl start 984
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager
doSetStartLevel 280
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager launch 247
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundle resume 201
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework launch 644
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi launch 51
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter startup 313
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter run 175
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl invoke0 -2
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl invoke 39
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl invoke 25
java.lang.reflect.Method invoke 597
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main invokeFramework 592
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main basicRun 539
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main run 1386
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main main 1359
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl invoke0 -2
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl invoke 39
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl invoke 25
java.lang.reflect.Method invoke 597
com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine launch -1
com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher main -1

Second execution:
com.wincornixdorf.frameworkhook.Frameworkhook frameworkStart 84
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor frameworkStart 259
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator start 55
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2 run 1009
java.security.AccessController doPrivileged -2
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl
startActivator 1003
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl start 984
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost startWorker 346
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle start 265
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter startBundle 1185
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter startBundles 1178
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter loadBasicBundles 651
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter access$1 619
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter$1 bundleChanged 308
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl dispatchEvent
1234
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager dispatchEvent 211
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue
dispatchEventSynchronous 141
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework
publishBundleEventPrivileged 1518
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework$6 run 1473
java.security.AccessController doPrivileged -2
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework publishBundleEvent
1471
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager
doSetStartLevel 281

--
WINCOR NIXDORF International GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

[...]

Back to the top