Re: [equinox-dev] Meaning of a SCR warning message

Hi Michael,

This message means there is a duplicate attempt for binding a service to a component instance. Can you reproduce this every time you run your application or it just happened once? Does your component have more than one references and at least two of them are satisfied by one service object (one service object implementing multiple interfaces)? I reviewed the DS code and I think the most possible reason for this warning might be that your component has more than one references and their interfaces are implemented by one service object. This way SCR will attempt to bind one and the same ServiceReference object for one component instance more than once (depending on the count of component references covered by the ServiceReference's interfaces). I think this warning is not needed since this is a pretty standard situation. It should be removed or transformed into a debug message. If the reason for the warning is the one I described above, you should not worry about it and you should ignore it.

Stoyan

Michael Furtak wrote:
Hi all,

I am receiving a warning from the DS SCR that reads:

WARNING 11 [SCR] ComponentReference.bind(): service reference {...} is already bound to instance org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.impl.ComponentInstanceImpl@11c55bb

I am not sure what this means or how to go about resolving it. Can anyone share some insight?

Thanks,

-Mike Furtak

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.