*De:* equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] *En nombre de *??
*Enviado el:* jueves, 04 de junio de 2009 11:46
*Para:* Equinox development mailing list
*Asunto:* Re: [equinox-dev] Using Log4J in Equinox framework

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 4:28 PM, David Conde <dconde@xxxxxxxx <mailto:dconde@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi, thank you very much for your answer.

I have tried to download the Pax Logging binary file but I have got error with the web site.

If I am not wrong, the idea would be included paxlogging bundle as a required bundle, in order to get the libraries log4j and common-logging, to launch this bundle and use in my bundle log4j as the same way as I did without Equinox I mean in normal java applications, am I missing anything?

By the way, why I can’t to load the library org.apache.log4j.jar in my bundle and simply to use it? If I have to use other external libraries, what would I have to do in order to be able to use in Equinox framework?

I think the simplest way you want is to change a log4j Jar file to a log4j bundle. Just create a new bundle project, put log4j.jar in the bundle directory, add log4j.jar to the project build path, export all the packages in log4j.jar,(through Export-Package in bundle's MANIFEST.MF), add log4j to the bundle class path (through Bundle-Classpath in bundle's MANIFEST.MF). And then you get a log4j bundle which can run on Equinox.

You want to use log4j APIs, just import log4j package in other bundle (through Import-Package in bundle's MANIFEST.MF) and use it directly. But in this way, loading of the configuration file log4j.properties is a problem. log4j.properties can locate in the jar bundle or use a argument to figure it out.

So using pax log is a better way to resolve the class loader problem.

    Thank you in advance

    Regards