[equinox-dev] Using Log4J in Equinox framework

Hi,

I have been trying to use org.apache.lo4j jar in Equinox but I got an exception :

Java.lang.Error Unresolved compilation problems:

The import org.apache cannot be resolved

….

My framework is not able either to recognize or load this library.

I have in my Activator. Java  the next one:

import org.apache.log4j.Logger;

import org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator;

Furthermore, I included org.apache.log4j.jar in my classpath, either I installed this library like a bundle. I also tried to install the bundle from Orbit which implemented log4J, but I always have the same result.

Does anyone know what I have to do to use org.apache.log4J in Equinox?

I have either include import org.apache.log4j in Manifest.MF, I guess that there is a way to load external libraries in Equinox framework, other times I tried directly installing the jar file and it was fine, but with org.apache.lo4j jar there is no way to get a good result.

Any idea?

I am using Equinox by Console, not through Eclipse.

Thank you in advance

Back to the top