Re: [equinox-dev] Question on Profiles / p2 and standalone Osgi

The result of the installation of an IU that contains a bundle should result in the bundle to be listed in the bundles.info in the configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info.
To cause the system to "re-consider" this list of bundles, you need to grab the Configurator service (provided by the simpleconfigurator bundle) and call applyConfiguration(). This is how the apply changes dialog is implemented.

Inactive hide details for Chase Wolfinger ---05/14/2009 11:07:47 PM---Hi Pascal - I am currently running with the following VM Chase Wolfinger ---05/14/2009 11:07:47 PM---Hi Pascal - I am currently running with the following VM arguments: -Declipse.p2.data.area=C:\p2agent\p2 -Declipse.p2.profile

Chase Wolfinger <chase.wolfinger@xxxxxxxxx>

equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/14/2009 11:07 PM

Re: [equinox-dev] Question on Profiles / p2 and standalone Osgi

Hi Pascal - I am currently running with the following  VM arguments:

 -Declipse.p2.data.area=C:\p2agent\p2 -Declipse.p2.profile="">

I have written a simple debug plugin that pulls the current "SELF" IProfile and it comes back ExampleProfile.  I have then pulled the IU(s) and they all come back from the profile query.  So it seems like the p2 framework is installed correctly.  Once this is done is there a best practices to reconcile the currently running bundles with the profile IUs - similar to an apply changes? or is it better to iterate through the IUs and install the OSGI bundles directly ?

[equinox-dev] Question on Profiles / p2 and standalone Osgi