[equinox-dev] Question on Profiles / p2 and standalone Osgi

Hello - I am trying to use profiles with a standalone osgi application. I have set the osgi app to use a specific p2 data area and with a profile I defined using the admin GUI. The profile references a shared bundle location. When I start the osgi application from eclipse it loads the p2 bundles i have defined in my target. I can determine that the app's profile is set to the one I defined and that the profile has the correct list of IUs. What I cannot figure out is how to get the p2 framework to reconcile what is currently installed at startup with what the profile says should be installed. Is it possible to get p2 to update the installed plugins based on a profile passed in at startup?

Chase

Back to the top