RE: [equinox-dev] Problem with security in Equinox

My guess is that you policy file is not getting read by the VM for some reason. Try using an absolute path the the policy file.

Also note that your policy file is not used to manage the permissions of the individual bundles installed into the framework. Bundle class loaders use protection domains which are controlled by the Permission Admin and Conditional Permission Admin services which are published by the framework. You must use these OSGi services to control the permissions granted to bundles.

Ultimately your policy file is only needed to grant AllPermissions to the framework implementation.

Tom

Inactive hide details for "David Conde" ---04/27/2009 02:32:03 AM---I got a solution for my problem, if I modify the common pol"David Conde" ---04/27/2009 02:32:03 AM---I got a solution for my problem, if I modify the common policy file in JVM directory, instead of changing in my policy file (i

"David Conde" <dconde@xxxxxxxx>

04/27/2009 02:32 AM

RE: [equinox-dev] Problem with security in Equinox

I got a solution for my problem, if I modify the common policy file in JVM directory, instead of changing in my policy file (into my program directory), and there I write:
grant {
permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

then If I launch Equinox with security parameters I do not get any exception at all.

Java -Djava.security.manager=org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkSecurityManager
-Djava.security.policy=policy -jar org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.0.v20080107.jar
–console

Why do I have to modify in the JVR directory policy file instead of doing in my policy file?

I mean , If I like to fix some permissions for my bundle I should not write them in JVR Policy file but in my policy file.

Thanks in advance