Re: [equinox-dev] Autostarting Bundles

Hi Dennis,

O'Flynn, Dennis wrote:

Timing is everything – thx for the fix. I’ll try it w/ the next I-Build.
Re:  including simpleconfigurator

· I do include it. My product def’n is based upon feature configurations. I have a primary feature, that includes secondary features. The simpleconfigurator bundle is included in one of the secondary features.

Note that if you are using p2 to do server-side installs that you will also need the simpleconfigurator.manipulator...and that they both should be explicitly started (I see they are in Dennis' list).

From Dennis' list I don't think these are really necessary for server side...unless you need them for your particular use case:

* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatechecker
* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.directorywatcher
* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.extensionlocation
* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins
* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite

Also the director app may/may not be necessary, depending upon what you want to do:

* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app

Note with recent p2 builds of 3.5 there's a new required bundle:

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository

Dennis (or others)...if you would like some assistance with putting together a servletbridge-based equinox server that includes p2 install capabilities (i.e. with product/sets of features)...and other things like ds or extension points, etc...please let me know.  I (and Simon) have been intending to put together some more recent documentation for this in the appropriate Equinox server locations in wiki, but have not gotten to it yet.

Scott

Back to the top