Re: [equinox-dev] Autostarting Bundles

Hi Dennis,

O'Flynn, Dennis wrote:

Timing is everything â thx for the fix. Iâll try it w/ the next I-Build.

Re:  including simpleconfigurator

 I do include it. My product defân is based upon feature configurations. I have a primary feature, that includes secondary features. The simpleconfigurator bundle is included in one of the secondary features.

Note that if you are using p2 to do server-side installs that you will also need the simpleconfigurator.manipulator...and that they both should be explicitly started (I see they are in Dennis' list).

From Dennis' list I don't think these are really necessary for server side...unless you need them for your particular use case:

* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatechecker
* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.directorywatcher
* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.extensionlocation
* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins
* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite

Also the director app may/may not be necessary, depending upon what you want to do:

* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app

Note with recent p2 builds of 3.5 there's a new required bundle:

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository

Dennis (or others)...if you would like some assistance with putting together a servletbridge-based equinox server that includes p2 install capabilities (i.e. with product/sets of features)...and other things like ds or extension points, etc...please let me know.  I (and Simon) have been intending to put together some more recent documentation for this in the appropriate Equinox server locations in wiki, but have not gotten to it yet.

Scott