Re: [equinox-dev] Jaxb and Osgi

EclipseLink MOXy provides JAXB for OSGi.  The bundles are available on the EclipseLink Downloads page.   You'll want the OSGi bundles distribution.

Note that in JAXB  you can create a context passing a classloader.  This will be necessary in OSGi for the JAXB implementation to see your domain classes.  If you need any help you can post to the eclipselink-users mailing list or on the EclipseLink newsgroup.

Hope this helps,

       Shaun

林恺 wrote:
Priyanka,

   I have  done things like you so I will talk about what I have done here.

   I simply made a JAXB bundle myself, which include those jars I got from the JAXB official site -- activation.jar, jaxb-api.jar, jaxb-impl.jar and jsr173_1.0_api.jar. I put them in a bundle and export their packages in the bundle's MANIFEST.MF Export-Package header. After this, I got a jaxb bundle and other bundle using JAXB api should Import these packages.

Other things are just like you. I put the model classes generated from xsds by jaxb in a bundle. And put the
marshal/unmarshall in another bundle. The marshal/unmarshall bundle imports package from the model bundle and JAXB bundle, and then have the following code to create a marshal/unmarshall to serialize/deserialize the model object.

     if(unmarshaller == null){
            try {
                JAXBContext jc = JAXBContext.newInstance(Model.class);
                unmarshaller = jc.createUnmarshaller();
                log.debug("create unmarshaller for Model parser");
            } catch (JAXBException e) {
                log.error(e.getMessage(),e);
            }
        }

   Note that if a use I use Model.class as the argument of the
JAXBContext.newInstance() method. That I have try if I use a string -- "some.package.Model" instead, it will cause a JAXB exception. I don't know exactly why ? But I guess it is related with OSGi bundle's class loader.

   Anyone who have other solutions?

Link