Re: [equinox-dev] Question on "org.osgi.framework.system.packages"

Thanks Thomas. I will definitely open a bug in OSGI.

Sameera

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Your observation is correct. You either get the packages which the framework determined is available from the VM or you have to provide the complete list in the org.osgi.framework.system.packages yourself. In OSGi R4.2 (implemented in Equinox 3.5) we have added added a new property (org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra) which can be used to add more packages to the ones the framework determines are available from the VM, but there is currently no "exclude" property.

Perhaps you should open a bug against OSGi athttps://www.osgi.org/bugzilla/

Tom

Inactive hide details for Sameera Jayasoma ---04/07/2009 02:48:25 PM---HiSameera Jayasoma ---04/07/2009 02:48:25 PM---Hi

Sameera Jayasoma <sameera.madushan@xxxxxxxxx>

04/07/2009 02:48 PM

[equinox-dev] Question on "org.osgi.framework.system.packages"

Hi

The system property "org.osgi.framework.system.packages" allows the system bundle to export packages from the parent class loader. If we do not explicitly set this property Equinox will export all the packages visible to the parent class loader.

My requirement is to stop package "org.foo.bar" being exported through the system bundle.  Is there a way to specify this in Equinox? The only solution I found is to set the "org.osgi.framework.system.packages" system property explicitly with the packages list except "org.foo.bar" package

Thanks
Sameera

Sameera Jayasoma
Software Engineer