Re: [equinox-dev] Extension Registry outside Equinox?

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 15:59:32 Stuart McCulloch wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> yes it is possible, but you need to install the SAXParserFactory as a
> service
> before starting the registry bundle - I don't know if there's a small
> bundle in
> Equinox that will do this for you, but otherwise you could write one
> yourself.
>
> you just need to do the following in the start method:
>     bundleContext.registerService(
>         javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.class.getName(),
>           javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(), null);
>
> once this is in place you should be able to use the registry as normal.

Hello Stuart,

I tried your solution and got it working. Thanks. So I will start creating
some extension points. :)

It looks like the Apache Felix OSGI compendium implementation doesn't register
this service, because org.osgi.util.xml.XMLParserActivator isn't registered.
But this should probably be discussed on the Felix mailing list.

Cheers,
Mike