Re: [equinox-dev] Extension Registry outside Equinox?

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 15:59:32 Stuart McCulloch wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> yes it is possible, but you need to install the SAXParserFactory as a
> service
> before starting the registry bundle - I don't know if there's a small
> bundle in
> Equinox that will do this for you, but otherwise you could write one
> yourself.
>
> you just need to do the following in the start method:
>     bundleContext.registerService(
>         javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.class.getName(),
>           javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(), null);
>
> once this is in place you should be able to use the registry as normal.

Hello Stuart,

I tried your solution and got it working. Thanks. So I will start creating
some extension points. :)

It looks like the Apache Felix OSGI compendium implementation doesn't register
this service, because org.osgi.util.xml.XMLParserActivator isn't registered.
But this should probably be discussed on the Felix mailing list.

Cheers,
Mike

Back to the top