Re: [equinox-dev] LinkageError when using after returning aspect in AspectJ for OSGI

Hi,

Tx for helping me out.

The included code is a variation of the demo of Heiko so you should add the target that's part of the demo.
The aspect is now written in .java/Annotation format
If you comment the line : initializable.initialize(); in TestAspect.java , you will see that everything works.
Otherwise you get the error :

Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name "org/eclipse/equinox/weaving/demo/hello/internal/Initializable" at org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.hello.aspects.TestAspect.anotherConstruct(TestAspect.java:16) at org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.demo.hello.internal.Activator.start(Activator.java:21) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)
  ... 14 more

Thanks again,

Dirk

Martin Lippert wrote:
Hi Dirk!

Do you have a small ready-to-use project that you can send me as zip? To me it looks like I should take a closer look into what happens here.

Thanks!
-Martin

Dirk Jacobs wrote:
I created an aspect bundle (a variation of the demo)

I want to have an initialize method called after a constructor has finished.

The aspect is triggered, but when I want to execute the initialize method, I got a linkage error.
All classes are public and the package is exported.

The aspect is as follows :
package org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.hello.aspects;
import org.aspectj.lang.annotation.AfterReturning;
import org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.demo.hello.internal.Initializable;

public aspect HelloAspect3 { after() returning(Initializable initializable) : call(org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.demo.hello.internal.Initializable+.new(..)) {
       if( initializable != null) {
           System.out.println("After Initializable Constructor");
           initializable.initialize();
       } else {
           System.out.println("After Non-Initializable Constructor");
       }
   }
}