AW: [equinox-dev] [aspects] Pointcuts over types in separate bundle

Hi again,

> The way I see it, the problem is not that the *aspect* doesn't get
> woven, but that the *pointcut* isn't matched.

It turns out that it was a stupid mistake on my side (my target bundle never reached the method call which I wanted to advise...) Sorry for not having verified this beforehand and for having taken your time, and thanks Martin for trying to help.

BTW - Working from the Aspects quick-start guide, I hadn't realized that it's possible to weave aspect and target bundles by declaring the dependencies the other way round (i.e. the target bundles "requiring" the aspect bundle, instead of the aspect bundle "supplementing" a number of target bundles). This is actually pretty useful for my project! Maybe you should point out these options somewhere in the documentation?

Regards,
Yang

Back to the top