[equinox-dev] Using Equinox Hooks for handling application starting?

Hello,

We implemented a rcp application which can be started either by clicking the
application file (.exe) or by doubleclicking a file (with a certain
fileextension) on the filesystem. The problem is that we want to handle a
doubleclick on this file by extracting its information and show a dialog in
our application. There are two possibilites: There is already an running
instance or we have to start a new one.

It seems to me that the Equinox Hook can be a friend in this case. Read the
proposed solution under
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-eclipse-rcpurl/index.html, I
have the idea to put the uri client into an Equinox hook. Either I can call
the other instance via TCP (and close the new one) or run the current
instance if there is no other instance open.

The problem is now that I have to parse the commandline to get out the
filepath of the file which was used to start our application. Is there a way
to do that in the hook frameworkstart method? How can I close the osgi
platform if there is another instance which can handle the file?

Thanks,
Jens