Re: [equinox-dev] How to test load-time-weaving with Equinox Aspects?

Jens,

Very good question!

To answer that we have to define what we mean with unit testing.

If we really want to test the single units (classes and aspects) in isolation, we have to test the classes and aspects separately. As aspects themselves are hard (or not at all) testable, we have to write some testee classes which will be woven with the aspects.

If we want to use JUnit or something like that in order to perform some kind of integration testing, we of course can take our aspects and the classes which are our intended targets for weaving altogether and see whether the woven code behaves as expected. As far as I can guess from what you wrote I think this is what you and your mate intend to do.

Well, there is nothing special about running tests with Equinox Aspects. You have to use the same settings as for running systems with Equinox Aspects, i.e. specifying the framework extension, creating the aspect bundles etc. In the CVS there are some examples ...

Cheers
Heiko