Re: [equinox-dev] Update to Jetty and Servlet API in the M4 SDK

Yes you're right.
The bundle-version on org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty is bumped to "2.0" so to high-light Alex's point/concern...
There is the possibility of breakage if a team used a version restricted Require-Bundle with major version semantics like:
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty; bundle-version="[1.1,2.0)
The Export-Package is still using "1.1" so Import-Package users should be fine.

As a result of this change it is important for teams that are using the server-side bundles to verify as this change could cause problems. This is why the original email was sent and is a pre-step for an entry in the 3.4 to 3.5 migration guide.
In most cases all should be well since the actual binary API has not changed although the bundle metadata has.
-Simon

Inactive hide details for Alex Blewitt ---12/11/2008 02:50:38 PM---I thought that an API compatible change was only meant to inAlex Blewitt ---12/11/2008 02:50:38 PM---I thought that an API compatible change was only meant to increment

Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>

"eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

12/11/2008 02:50 PM

Re: [equinox-dev] Update to Jetty and Servlet API in the M4 SDK

I thought that an API compatible change was only meant to increment
the minor version number, rather than the major number?

Alex

Sent from my (new) iPhone