Re: [equinox-dev] Secure store in RCP application

It looks like you are missing the platform specific fragment to secure storage (e.g. org.eclipse.equinox.security.win32.x86). Do you have that fragment included in your RCP application?

Tom

Inactive hide details for "Katarzyna Bylec" ---10/29/2008 03:52:16 AM---Hi,"Katarzyna Bylec" ---10/29/2008 03:52:16 AM---Hi,

"Katarzyna Bylec" <katis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/29/2008 03:52 AM

[equinox-dev] Secure store in RCP application

Hi,

I'm trying to use Secure Store in my RCP application. This is quite
unusual approach, because I'm running Java swing application from RCP-non
UI app to access functionality implemented in plug-ins I already have (and
which are part of different Eclipse app). One of those functionalities is
making use of Secure Store and it's working fine in the original plug-ins,
but not in my RCP app. The problem I have is that when I try to register
the password using default ISecurePreferences implementation I get this
error:

org.eclipse.equinox.security.storage.StorageException: No secure storage
modules found.
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.PasswordProviderSelector.findStorageModule(PasswordProviderSelector.java:190)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferencesRoot.getModulePassword(SecurePreferencesRoot.java:226)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferencesRoot.getPassword(SecurePreferencesRoot.java:219)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferences.put(SecurePreferences.java:224)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferencesWrapper.put(SecurePreferencesWrapper.java:110)
at
eu.geclipse.core.auth.PasswordManager.registerPassword(PasswordManager.java:79)

The code which I'm registering this password with is:
  static public void registerPassword( final String pwuid, final String pw
) {
    ISecurePreferences securePreferences =
SecurePreferencesFactory.getDefault();
    ISecurePreferences node = securePreferences.node( pwuid );
    try {
      node.put( PasswordManager.PASSWORD, pw, true );
    } catch ( StorageException storageEx ) {
      storageEx.printStackTrace();
    }
  }

Do you have any idea why I get this error and what can be solution to this?
Kasia