Re: Ruby addendum: [equinox-dev] BSF, Groovy, class/OSGi resolution

Craig,

This is starting to sounds a bit like what I had to do to get JSPs to compile and run in an OSGi environment. You might want to take a look at some of the code in the org.eclipse.equinox.jsp.jasper project as it might provide an even better fit in terms of the class loaders you want.
-Simon

Inactive hide details for "Craig Phillips" ---10/20/2008 12:42:04 PM---Hi,"Craig Phillips" ---10/20/2008 12:42:04 PM---Hi,

"Craig Phillips" <lcphillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

10/20/2008 12:42 PM

Ruby addendum: [equinox-dev] BSF, Groovy, class/OSGi resolution

Hi,

I also managed to successfully get ruby scripting up and running with BSF and OSGi ... that was another riddle WRT class loaders... I'm using ruby 1.3.0, BTW...  Turns out, it's a similar trick to log4j... Ruby's JavaSupport.class is essentially hard set to use the context class loader... So. I basically play the "take away and put back" game... I swap out the context class loader for my own custom class loader -- which has a copy of the original context class loader anyway; When the script is complete, I simply put the original back -- in it's own thread, of course... This "trick" also didn't "break" groovy...  I'm not doing any other scripting engines at the moment, but apparently each engine has it's own "quirkiness"...

Between ruby and groovy, I prefer groovy... the **feel** is a bit closer to java... Of course, I'm no guru...

For what it's worth, Craig Phillips, Praxis