Re: [equinox-dev] Component Resolve Thread and the context classloader

Please open a bug about this against the compendium component at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Equinox

I'm not sure why the DS implementation (Executor class) is setting the context class loader to null. Maybe it was exposing classes to components that should not be available. In Equinox we set the context class loader to a special class loader that scopes the available classes down to the calling bundle. This allows us to use other mechanisms (like buddy class loading) to assist in running legacy code that uses the context class loader.

Tom

Inactive hide details for "Michael Furtak" ---10/15/2008 08:25:28 AM---Hi all,"Michael Furtak" ---10/15/2008 08:25:28 AM---Hi all,

"Michael Furtak" <mfurtak@xxxxxxx>

<equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

10/15/2008 08:25 AM

[equinox-dev] Component Resolve Thread and the context classloader

Hi all,

I’m working on a system that makes heavy use of Declarative Services. In troubleshooting some classloading problems, we’ve noticed that the Component Resolve Thread (backed by the Executor class) sets the context classloader to be null.

This seems to cause problems with Swing and other systems that make use of the context classloader (Esper was the source of our problems).

Is there a reason that this is set as it is? If so, what might be a good work-around?

Thanks,
-Mike Furtak

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.