Re: [equinox-dev] Bootdelegation question

See the osgi.compatibility.bootdelegation option in the Eclipse Help.

osgi.compatibility.bootdelegation - if set to "true" then the parent (boot by default) classloader is delegated to as a last resort if a class or resource cannot be found. The default value is "true".

When launching Equinox under Eclipse the org.eclipse.equinox.launcher is used to launch the framework (just like when you launch a normal Eclipse SDK instance). Launching equinox this way enables the boot delegation compatibility flag by default. Launching equinox with "-jar org.eclipse.osgi ..." disables this option and Equinox will use strict OSGi delegation rules for boot delegation.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Oleg Zhurakousky ---10/08/2008 12:49:27 PM---Thanks guys!!! Looks like starting Equinox under EclipseOleg Zhurakousky ---10/08/2008 12:49:27 PM---Thanks guys!!! Looks like starting Equinox under Eclipse makes the difference, although I can't see what that would be (checked

Oleg Zhurakousky <oleg.zhurakousky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

10/08/2008 12:49 PM

Re: [equinox-dev] Bootdelegation question

Thanks guys!!!
Looks like starting Equinox under Eclipse makes the difference, although I can't see what that would be (checked generated config.ini etc. . . nothing suspicious)
Starting the same system bundle from the command line renders the expected results:

> java -Dorg.osgi.framework.bootdelegation=org.w3c.* -jar org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.2.R34x_v20080826-1230.jar -console -clean

osgi>ss
id State Bundle
0 ACTIVE org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.2.R34x_v20080826-1230
1 INSTALLED OSGiBootDelegationBundle_1.0.0

osgi> start 1
class java.lang.String
interface org.w3c.dom.Attr

If bootdelegation option is removed CNFE is thrown during start of the bundle

Thx
Oleg