Re: [equinox-dev] BSF, Groovy, OSGi - class resolution

2008/10/9 Craig Phillips <lcphillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

I'm attempting to do groovy a la BSF, as embedded in an OSGi/equinox bundle...

I get this "unable to resolve class" exception on something like the following:

import org.osgi.service.log.* // seems to get passed this line
def logger = new LogService(); // exception is thrown here

I have been surfing for help, but the only thing I get is along the lines of external classpath options (versus using the classes as loaded into the bundle)...

Any ideas/suggestions?   Thanks, Craig Phillips, Praxis

PS - I'm not considering javax.scripting (jsr-223 I believe) at this time...

even though you're not considering jsr-223, you might want
to look at the OSGi scripting work done by Hendy Irawan:

  http://wiki.ops4j.org/confluence/display/ops4j/Pax+Script

as that might give you some hints how to solve this issue
( afaik Groovy 1.5.7-SNAPSHOT has OSGi manifests )