Re: [equinox-dev] Starting equinox framework in program

I need to better understand your requirements:

Are you simply trying to get a valid BundleContext? If so you get access to your bundle's BundleContext when you bundle is activated. The BundleContext is passed to you in your BundleActivator.start(BundleContext) method.

From your description it does not sound like you want to actually start another instance of the Equinox when your bundle is already running in an instance of the Framework. Instead you simply need to get access to your bundle's BundleContext so you can interact with the Framework.

HTH.

Tom

Inactive hide details for "林恺" ---09/02/2008 09:15:01 PM---I was trying to build an OSGi runtime monitor to control and mon"林恺" ---09/02/2008 09:15:01 PM---I was trying to build an OSGi runtime monitor to control and monitor the equinox framework. This OSGi runtime monitor is a

"林恺" <bmlinkai@xxxxxxxxx>

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/02/2008 09:15 PM

[equinox-dev] Starting equinox framework in program

I was trying to build an OSGi runtime monitor to control and monitor the equinox framework. This OSGi runtime monitor is an Eclipse plugin, and is something just like the OSGi console when we running equinox application in eclipse through OSGi Framework launch configuration, and we can list bundle and service information, start and stop bundle and so on.

The problem is I can find the way to start equinox framework programly and get the BundleContext. I have search on google, and get this method:

BundleContext context = EclipseStarter.startup(new String[] { "-console", "-clean" }, null);

This can work when I put it in a Java Application, but when I put it in an Eclipse Plugin, I got this error message:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Platform already running

The reason for this may be : We have started the Eclipse platform, and then we use EclipseStarter to start our equinox framework, we get this error.

Is there a way I can start equinox framework in program and get the BundleContext? When we running equinox application in eclipse through OSGi Framework launch configuration, It seems the way. Does anyone can give me some help?

Thanks.
equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx