Re: [equinox-dev] .qualifier for export package?

> API Tooling also has
> items in plan that deal with package versioning, but that will be post
M2

FYI - plans for package version support in API tooling have been reduced.
Currently, there is nothing on the draft plan due to resources available
to do the work, and the fact that SDK plug-in developers generally use
components at the plug-in granularity vs. package granularity. I'm not
sure there is a compelling story to have SDK bundles change to using
package imports. Of course, if someone else has the resources to do the
work and sees this as a priority, please step up.

        http://www.eclipse.org/pde/pde-api-tools/dev_plans/r3_5/plan.php

> Thoughts for how/if this should be introduced?

To start, I would like to see a better specification developed/agreed upon
before tooling is introduced. Currently, the description of package
versioning is minimal - leaving questions to the developers and tool
implementors:

        http://wiki.eclipse.org/Version_Numbering#How_to_version_packages

Here are some obvious questions:

* How are @since tags formatted to indicate that the version number
corresponds to packages vs. bundles?
* How are initial package versions derived for existing bundles?

Darin

Back to the top