Re: [equinox-dev] tests are needed for compendium implementations

Thanks for the information Pavlin. How much effort would it take to port tests in the Eclipse test format? It is important to have publically available tests which we can automatically run with each build so we can catch any issues early.

If you can agree to contribute the test code then we could get the code contributed to CVS (after following Eclipse IP process). Then we may be able to get others to help port the tests to the Eclipse automated tests.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Pavlin Dobrev ---08/26/2008 03:53:25 AM---Hi Thomas, We have automated tests for the DS, IO and WireaPavlin Dobrev ---08/26/2008 03:53:25 AM---Hi Thomas, We have automated tests for the DS, IO and Wireadmin in our own format. We can contribute them but this will take so

Pavlin Dobrev <p.dobrev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

08/26/2008 03:53 AM

Re: [equinox-dev] tests are needed for compendium implementations

Hi Thomas,

We have automated tests for the DS, IO and Wireadmin in our own format. We can contribute them but this will take some time because of the need tests to be rewritten in Eclipse test format.

We did not have our own tests for the initial provisioning. We test it with OSGi test case and with our remote management product - mPower Remote Manager (http://www.prosyst.com/products/back_end_mgmt.html).

-Pavlin Dobrev
Dr. Pavlin Dobrev, Research and Development Manager
ProSyst Labs EOOD,
48 Vladaiska Str., Sofia, Bulgaria,
Tel. (+359 2) 954 91 62 . Fax. (+359 2) 953 26 17
p.dobrev@xxxxxxxxxxx , http://www.prosyst.com
stay in touch with your product.

>The compendium bundles in equinox are in serious need of automated tests. For the 3.5 release we need to create junit tests for each of the compendium bundles. I have created a new project in compendium to start releasing new testcases for our compendium bundles under:

org.eclipse.equinox/compendium/bundles/org.eclipse.equinox.compendium.tests

Chris Aniszczyk was kind enough to contribute a few UserAdmin tests which I have seeded into the new project. I know Simon Kaegi has his own tests for ConfigurationAdmin which I would like to be integrated into the org.eclipse.equinox.compendium.tests. But we have lots of other compendium bundles that need test coverage.

Pavlin and Stoyan, do you have automated tests for org.eclipse.equinox.ds, org.eclipse.equinox.io, org.eclipse.equinox.ip, and org.eclipse.equinox.wireadmin that can be contributed for the bundles you own?

This is also an opportunity for anyone trying to get familiar or involved with Equinox and OSGi to develop testcases. Any help from the community is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tom