Re: [equinox-dev] JAR file references in Equinox Hooks?

Hi Craig,

Note that ASM is included in the Eclipse 3.4 SDK. ASM is also used by
PDE's API tooling. You should just be able to re-use ASM from the
org.objectweb.asm bundle.

Darin Wright

Craig Setera <craigjunk@xxxxxxxxxx>
08/09/2008 01:39 PM
Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[equinox-dev] JAR file references in Equinox Hooks?

Quite some time ago, I added a classloader hook bundle for my EclipseME
plugin to allow EclipseME to do a bit of rewriting of a JDT class and
provide a hook that I needed to introduce preprocessed source code
handling.  This code has been working for quite some time.  It includes
use of the ASM library packaged as classes within the hook's JAR file.

As this functionality is being ported to the official Eclipse MTJ
project, there is a concern from Eclipse legal concerning packaging the
ASM classes in this way.  In order to pass legal approval, the ASM JAR
file needs to be used as-is.  This leads to my question.  Is it possible
for an Equinox hook bundle to reference a JAR file in the bundle
classpath in some way?  I know at the time that I implemented this
functionality a couple of years ago that I could not get this to work.
My hope is that there is a way and I just wasn't doing things right.

I'd appreciate any insights that the Equinox team can give me on behalf
of the MTJ project.

Thanks,
Craig