Re: [equinox-dev] Auto install .exe after download using Equinox P2

Hi Vijay,

My product has similar requirements, less the execution requirement, we have to package a bunch of data that must be downloaded/updated in the root of the eclipse installattion. we have to manually edit content.xml/artifact.xml/binary_folder to get our stuffs unpacked in the root folder. as far as i know the current touchpoints does not include a entry that provides a way to call executables. you should extend current touchpoints (i dont know how to do it, )
Some light in this matter will be very usefull.
Regards
Gladyston

Vijay jadhav wrote:

Hi Folks,

We are creating a feature that will be containing a plug-in and an IDE installer (.exe windows) that will be deployed on our web site. User will be using the Eclipse Software Update (p2) dialogs to install or update from our web site. After the “Install…” or “Update…” step, everything needed to run the IDE installer wil be downloaded along with the plug-in. But as p2 does not support Update Manager style install handler and our requirement is that we need to start the auto execution of the IDE installer once it is downloaded from our web site using the Eclipse Software Update (p2) dialog.

That is user adds a new remote site, pulls in a feature with the plug-in and IDE installer,

clicks 'install', and it should run a custom code upon installation which will launch the IDE installer. Is this possible using Eclipse 3.4?

Has anyone handled similar requirement? Please provide some pointers on handling this requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay

*Vijay D Jadhav** | Team Lead | Persistent Systems **Limited*

*vijay_djadhav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mvijay_djadhav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> | Cell: **+91 9822772813** | Tel: **91 **(**20**) **3023 5846 *

*Persistent Systems - Innovation in software product design, development and delivery - **www.persistentsys.com <http://www.persistentsys.com/>*

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.