Re: [equinox-dev] Removing access restrictions on classes.jar

Hi Hal,

Is the project a PDE project? If so then this could happen when you set the Bundle-ExecutionEnvironment header in your bundle manifest and have PDE update your classpath settings. This will apply an execution environment definition to your VM to prevent you from accessing packages which are not in one of the defined EEs (e.g. J2SE-1.4 execution environment does not contain sun.* classes).

You can actually remove these access rules by going to the projects Properties->Java Build Path->Libraries tab and selecting the JRE System Library to edit. Instead of using an Execution Environment you can use an Alternative JRE that does not use an Execution Environment definition.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Hal Hildebrand ---07/23/2008 01:40:28 PM---Okay, figured out this is due to some odd change to a restHal Hildebrand ---07/23/2008 01:40:28 PM---Okay, figured out this is due to some odd change to a restricted development environment form the

Hal Hildebrand <hal.hildebrand@xxxxxxxxxx>

07/23/2008 01:40 PM

Re: [equinox-dev] Removing access restrictions on classes.jar

Okay, figured out this is due to some odd change to a restricted
development environment form the workspace defined JRE.  Not sure how
that happened, but frightening non-the-less.

Sorry for the spam.