[equinox-dev] Separating config.ini and osgi cache.

Hi,

       I am trying to deploy an equinox based application. I have a requirement where in I want all the configuration information to be stored in one particular filesystem location, while any data which changes at runtime kept in a separate partition. Therefore I want config.ini in one location, whereas the osgi cache in a separate location. I tried using a couple of the runtime options, but none of them seem to work for me. I also read about cascaded configuration, but could not understand how it is used.

Simply put, my requirement is like this,

I have config.ini in C:\Tests\Configuration

In the command prompt, from C:\ , I run

java -jar org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.jar -configuration C:\Tests\Configuration

It generate the osgi cache and logs in C:\Tests\Configuration, but I want it be on D:\Tests\Cache.

Can this be done? If so how..? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Srijith.

Back to the top