Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox and UTF-8

Hello,

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:54:24 +0300, Danail Nachev <d.nachev@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> You use standard Java classes. I can't see how Equinox can interfere
> with this.

I don't know either. But I have the different outputs of the same code once
run
with Equinox once run without. And the same code behaves differently inside
Equinox
when starting the framework from Eclipse or via the Equinox launcher.

> I see that you specify the default encoding to be used when you run
> Equinox. Do you specify it when you run as normal application?

Yes. I am always using -Dfile.encoding. I checked
java.nio.charset.Charset.defaultCharset()
during runtime. In all cases it prints "UTF-8".

--
Holger Mense

Back to the top