Re: [equinox-dev] How to build a product without distribute eclipse features in the repository?

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for your help. In order to list ALL features (+ product) in the Installed Softwares tab, I installed all feature groups using director in the same destination.

Currently I'm facing a problem regarding update sites. I'm trying to check if there are updates for my installed product (or features) and every time I try this, a dialog appears saying there is no updates available, but my update site did not receive any request. I've found an message in newsgroup related to this "issue" (http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=4774&group=eclipse.technology.equinox#4774).

Following I'll list the steps I've tried. Please, let me know if this (steps 6 and 7) is the behavior of "p2ized" products, or if this behavior may be an issue.

1. Generate the repository (using the Eclipse Product export wizard or adding p2 metatada generator tags in build.properties for headless build)
2. Use director app to install (p2ize) the product (.product) and all required features
3. Open the just p2ized product
4. Go to Help->Software Updates (my product and all features are being listed in "Installed Softwares" tab)
5. If I select any installed feature/product and then click on "Update...", immediately an information dialog opens saying "There is nothing to update" (my update site did not received any request as well)
6. In "Available Software" tab, there are no URLs listed in order to find updates of my product
7. In the same tab (Available Software), if I click on "Manage Sites..." there is nothing listed as well

If I remove p2 of my "p2ized" product (following the steps described in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Removal), the update sites were listed and works fine in the old UM.

Thanks,
-- Euclides

Back to the top