Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] linux read-only filesystems and p2?

Scott,

Do you have more details about the failure? Was it not starting up, was it failing at install time, etc.
The only known problem (that was already there with UM and I believe is a fwk bug) is when the shared instance has already been run then weird things happen.
I know that Simon has been running frequently in this mode and so did Andrew O. so a bug with some details would be best.

Thx

PaScaL

Inactive hide details for Scott Lewis ---06/25/2008 07:25:45 PM---Hi Folks, I was at Google yesterday, and a person there was hScott Lewis ---06/25/2008 07:25:45 PM---Hi Folks, I was at Google yesterday, and a person there was having troubles with

Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

06/25/2008 07:25 PM

[equinox-dev] [prov] linux read-only filesystems and p2?

Hi Folks,

I was at Google yesterday, and a person there was having troubles with
p2 because they were trying to do plugin installs with Eclipse p2 on a
read only filesystem.  I haven't tried this myself, so I may not have
all the details described correctly, but are there any known issues with
this and/or bugs in this area?

Thanks,

Scott