Re: [equinox-dev] Possible to obtain org.eclipse.osgi.jar without OSGi framework classes?

Hey Olaf,

The short answer is, No, such a distribution is not readily available.

The question in my mind is why do you need this? If you remove the OSGi classes where will they come from? If you happen to be running on an OSGi-based JEE app server then you could in theory get the classes from the app server. To do this you should be able to play around with the framework's parent classloader. That way the OSGi classes would still be in the org.eclipse.osgi bundle but they would be ignored in favor of the ones from the parent loader.

Jeff

Olaf Bergner wrote:
Hello,

I'm currently embedding equinox into a JEE app server and would like to make
the OSGi API visible to the enclosing application. Therefore, I need an
org.eclipse.osgi distribution that does not include the org.osgi.framework
classes. Does it exist?

Cheers,
Olaf