Re: [equinox-dev] P2 touchpoint instructions doc

Well, I can do it that way too - I will then show a tree of "instruction blocks" where each block as the nodes "install/uninstall/configure..." already in place, but empty if there are no instructions. Then the user can either add a new "instruction block" or add/edit actions in the nodes. Empty nodes will not be written to XML.

It would be good if it was possible to give the TouchpointData a name/label - this if an IU has several and user wants to name them to be able to find the wanted block without browsing through instructions. Meanwhile I will just label them "instruction block n" or something like that.

Is that better?

On 24 jun 2008, at 16.13, Simon Kaegi wrote:

> Does it matter if an IU is authored so that there is only one
> instruction per TouchpointData? This would make it easier in the
> user interface. The user would then only see two levels - the
> instruction (install, uninstall, etc.), and the actions for the
> instruction. The grouping of several instructions seems to have no
> semantic meaning (but is useful at runtime).

> Thus, the user can add install, uninstall, etc. instructions, and
> add actions to them but do not have to be concerned with grouping at all.

> Do you think this approach is ok?

The implementation would support this however I personally find it a bit fine grained.
I tend to group contributions around installing/configuring/uninstalling etc. a particular artifact.

In other words the semantics I apply are along the lines of...
...these are the instructions for this chunk of touchpoint data (e.g. artifact).

With that said, I'm not too fussed about it.

-Simon