Re: [equinox-dev] P2 touchpoint instructions doc

ouah! This is excellent

Inactive hide details for Henrik Lindberg ---06/19/2008 08:02:51 PM---Hi, I have now written a wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.oHenrik Lindberg ---06/19/2008 08:02:51 PM---Hi, I have now written a wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Touchpoint_Instructions

Henrik Lindberg <henrik.lindberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

06/19/2008 08:02 PM

Re: [equinox-dev] P2 touchpoint instructions doc

Hi,
I have now written a wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Touchpoint_Instructions describing the touchpoint instructions for the native and eclipse touchpoints, their parameters, and how I think it works after reading the code. There are places where I need help (indicated by blue comment boxes), but I may have gotten other things wrong as well.

It is probably of value to also describe the parameters inserted by the engine as these can be used in parameter substitution. I don't know if it is intended, but it seems very powerful to be able to reference the "previous value". Shall I just make a list of what I find, and include it?

So, I hope someone has time to review and comment on the documentation on the wiki page.

Regards

On 18 jun 2008, at 19.13, Simon Kaegi wrote:

      > - How can I learn what the input to the actions are? Some parameters
      > look like they are provided by the runtime (i.e. not specified in the
      > iu touchpoint data). If there is no documentation, I can write up a
      > list of what I think the parameter are and ask for someone to review.

      That would be incredibly appreciated.