Re: [equinox-dev] The metadataRepositories extension point

It is exactly for the reason you have highlighted that we wanted to use URI instead of URLs and I want this to be fixed as we are starting shaping APIs

Inactive hide details for Thomas Hallgren ---06/13/2008 05:42:29 AM---On some places in the p2 API's there are comments regardiThomas Hallgren ---06/13/2008 05:42:29 AM---On some places in the p2 API's there are comments regarding perhaps using URI's instead of URL's. I

Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>

06/13/2008 05:42 AM

Re: [equinox-dev] The metadataRepositories extension point

On some places in the p2 API's there are comments regarding perhaps
using URI's instead of URL's. I think that would be an excellent idea. A
URI is not tied to the existence of a particular scheme so for a
repository URI the scheme itself could be used to find the corresponding
repository factory. We use this approach successfully in the spaces
project where each space provider implements their own URI scheme.

At present, I need to use URL's that points to non-existent things so
that I eventually end up in my factory implementation where I can peruse
the URL for it to make sense. It works but it's not very clean (nor
efficient).

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren