[equinox-dev] [prov] p2 mixing extensions and services?

Hi people,

I've been digging through the source code of p2 a bit, and I'm a little bit confused by the inhomogeneous use of extensions (touchpoints) and services (pretty much everything else as far as I can tell). Why can't the touchpoints simply be OSGi services? The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to figure out if it would be possible to use equinox p2 in a more OSGi-y environment (perhaps with a different OSGi framework).

I'm also a little bit confused by the TouchpointManager singleton, is that really necessary (the singleton, I mean)? or is that somehow a logical consequence when using extensions?

Does that make sense at all? :)

Thanks,
Fredrik.

Back to the top