[equinox-dev] Bundle Activation

Hi all,

I had a doubt about bundle activation. I have been reading the sections about lazy activation policy in osgi spec and i am a little confused.

1) What is the difference between Bundle Activation and calling BundleActivator.start() method.
2) Does bundle activation mean loading of all classes that are there in the bundle?
3) I was assuming that is BundleActivation policy is not set to lazy the, on deployment the BundleActivator.start() method will be called automatically by the framework, but it doesnt happen that way.

Sorry if you feel its a dumb question but i have managed to confuse my self royally.
Thanks in advance.

Back to the top