From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pascal Rapicault
Sent: 26 May 2008 14:59
To: Equinox development mailing list
Cc: equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] change in behaviour: Multiple versions
ofthe same IU in a profile?

The resolver will always try to install the least number of IUs
satisfying the constraints available. Therefore if one version can
satisfy multiple constraints only it will be installed.
If you want multiple versions of the same IUs to be installed you need
to ensure that you have dependencies requiring each version.
The other thing you may want to look for if whether your IUs are
singleton or not.

Inactive hide details for "Haigermoser, Helmut" ---05/26/2008 06:50:48
AM---Ciao Guys :) In our p2-based installer prototype we"Haigermoser,
Helmut" ---05/26/2008 06:50:48 AM---Ciao Guys :) In our p2-based
installer prototype we noticed a change in behaviour: