[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [equinox-dev] Is the P2 installer supposed to work?
- From: "Jeff McAffer" <jeff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 00:20:34 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: Code 9
- Thread-index: Aci608jQt1UUwN7qQDiAfWwXr6tvAgAJRh6QAAA7eiA=
I should have mentioned...
- Please enter a bug for this with your good steps. Thanks!
- We have been running the installer on windows and the Mac quite regularly and even via JNLP. This must be a quirk in the build as the product definition file looks fine.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equinox-dev-
> bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff McAffer
> Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 12:18 AM
> To: 'Equinox development mailing list'
> Subject: RE: [equinox-dev] Is the P2 installer supposed to work?
> Dunno Alex. This works fine for me on windows but I see your point on
> the Mac.
> > I had a look at the p2installer.ini:
> > -showsplash
> > org.eclipse.platform
> > -vmargs
> > -Xdock:icon=../Resources/Eclipse.icns
> > -XstartOnFirstThread
> > -Xms40m
> > -Xmx256m
> > -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
> > -Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts
> > No mention of the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.installDescription that the
> > page suggests it looks for. I try adding it, and get a new message
> > saying the error is invalid. That's maybe because the URL that that
> > page points to is invalid:
> > http://update.eclipse.org/eclipse/testUpdates/sdk-
> > installer.properties
> > - 404 not found
> The doc is wrong. The correct URL is
> > * When finished, you can delete the installer
> > I deleted it. At least that worked ...
> Not really...
> equinox-dev mailing list