[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[equinox-dev] Is the P2 installer supposed to work?
- From: "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 00:46:50 +0100
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=YHf1PcL3Qj86iw197ESVYu4YAU1j+Rk1VLw948zcfrKHc/OcCeeY+1uvZS8EdtL3Hgic+bDs3+mRClRVpXeyfjV9v8NF1wxPcG5yu2sBg0GVlo9x4uhysagIl7JTAVN7ZTZWWH1PrqKOj9P0p1KqnLKqyOopyar+s8otDkPQBkI=
I only ask because I downloaded the installer from:
and when running it, it doesn't install the SDK as the documentation suggests:
* Get the installer for your platform from the equinox download page.
* Unzip the installer anywhere on your local disk
* Run the "p2installer" executable
* In the install wizard, select where you want to install the software
Shows a dialog with "Where do you want to install null?"
I had a look at the p2installer.ini:
No mention of the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.installDescription that the
page suggests it looks for. I try adding it, and get a new message
saying the error is invalid. That's maybe because the URL that that
page points to is invalid:
- 404 not found
* When finished, you can delete the installer
I deleted it. At least that worked ...