Re: [equinox-dev] New API method in ECF (org.eclipse.ecf.identity) since 3.4M6

Hi Scott,

This didn't cause any work for anybody except the build machine :-). The
check is done during each build. It was easy to detect it without any
extra work.
Since this is not intended to be part of the 3.4 release and I expect it
to be removed from the next integration build you provide to p2, I won't
add it to the exclude list.
Are you ok with this ?

As soon as the new drop will be used by an integration build, the API
freeze check won't report it anymore.

Thanks for your prompt response,

Olivier

Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2008-05-09 12:53
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] New API method in ECF (org.eclipse.ecf.identity) since
3.4M6

Hi Olivier,

This utility method was added as part of a bug fix to one of our
provider bundles, and the committer didn't initially realize that the 6
ECF bundles going into the platform integration build were now under API
freeze.

When he realized that this method was added to a bundle under API freeze
he removed the method and it's no longer present (in M7).  But it did
get into the integration build, since it's done automatically and I
didn't know about the change until after the integration build had
occurred.

So this isn't deliberate...ECF has as a policy to freeze the API on
these bundles at M6+0...in keeping with the platform.  It was simply an
honest mistake.  My apologies for causing work for everyone.

LMK if I should do something more/other to resolve this.

Scott

Back to the top