[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] Participation opportunity
- From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 00:32:25 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (Windows/20080213)
Pascal Rapicault wrote:
This is really great news! I'm really happy to see your involvement.
Please post on the mailing list or in bug reports for more specific details
on what you can / want to do.
We would like to help out in the following areas:
1. Enabling digest management so that all copies can be safely verified.
2. Dynamic mirroring, i.e. support the repository view that in real life
is a network of repositories, backing each other on demand.
3. Repository discovery aiding in building such a network automatically.
4. Parallel, partial downloads from multiple mirrors.
5. Federations of meta-data repositories.
I didn't find any specific bugs that I could comment on (perhaps I
didn't look close enough) and I didn't want to enter new ones at this
stage. I think there's a need to elaborate and bounce the ideas around a
bit more first.
How does this sound?