Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] Participation opportunity

Hi Pascal,
this sounds very exciting. The more I understand about P2, the more I realize how similar it is to what we (Cloudsmith) are planning to do. We are very interested in participating and with a somewhat aggressive schedule that involves several committers. The work with the mirroring application is probably the most important area for us but we are also interested in the action based touchpoints.

Our current headless framework contains a command line application and an installer (currently based on the Update Manager) that we plan make P2 aware. Perhaps that could serve as the "director application"?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Pascal Rapicault wrote:
I'm calling out for participation from the community on the following item:
- Director application. This consists in improving the "interface" of our
command line client and ensure that it replaces the equivalent
functionality available in update manager.
- Repository mirroring application. This consists in improving the
mirroring application, which is key to selectively publish content from one
repository to another.
- Action based contribution to touchpoints. This consists in revisiting the
way actions are contributed to touchpoints by allowing them to be shared
across touchpoints.

If you are interested in any of these areas, please let us know.

Thank you,

PaScaL