From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pascal Rapicault
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 8:04 PM
To: Equinox development mailing list
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] Auto installing touchpoint

It is something that we would like to be able to do, but it won't be
implemented before the next release.
Could you tell us more about what are the actions provided by your
touchpoint and what you are doing with the tarball?
If it is really simple and generic we could probably make it available
in the native touchpoint.

PaScaL

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>

-----------------------------------------------------------------|
  |"Schaefer, Doug" <Doug.Schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

-----------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>

-----------------------------------------------------------------|
  |04/07/2008 07:15 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>

-----------------------------------------------------------------|
  |[equinox-dev] [prov] Auto installing touchpoint

-----------------------------------------------------------------|

Hey gang,

The more I get into p2 the more I'm impressed by it. I have written my
own touchpoint that installs tarballs and have been able to generate the
right repositories to download and install them from the MinGW website.
Very cool and easy once you know how.

The next part of this is to figure out how to get the plug-in with my
touchpoint into people's hands. The ultimate would be for this to be
represented in the metadata somehow where I could mark this as a
capability my plug-in provides that the engine could auto install before
installing the artifacts that need it. Is this capability there, or
something nifty we could add next release.

Cheers,
equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx